The notification should include name of the organizer and his/her contact details, venue, time when it starts, forecast number of participants, form of the peaceful assembly to be held, and special equipment to be used.
Notification about the conduct of the peaceful assembly should be submitted:
- if it is to take place in Kyiv or Sevastopol – to the city administration;
- in other towns, villages, urban-type settlements – to the executive committee of the town/village council;
- if it is to take place beyond the boundaries of a settlement – to the respective district or regional administration;
Means of submitting a notification:
- by registered mail;
- via the office of the respective public body.
Besides, local authorities may not decide where the peaceful assembly is to be held and may not change its route. The only purpose of the notification is to inform the authorities about the conduct of the peaceful assembly so that they can ensure safety of the assembly participants.
- If your assembly is to take place in the form of a peaceful march, think about the route you’ll follow;
- If you hold a protest or demonstration, decide whether you need a stage and sound-amplifying equipment, other temporary constructions, or whether you have to prepare hand-outs.
What should one take while going to a peaceful assembly?
We recommend all participants to take identification documents and have phone numbers of close people, as well as the single phone number of the free legal service:
(round-the-clock and free-of-charge)